We know how important it is to keep your little ones engaged and entertained, especially when it comes to learning.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best educational games for toddlers that are not only fun but also help develop important skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and creativity.
Whether you’re looking for games that teach letters, numbers, colors, or shapes, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below and get ready to watch your child’s mind grow!
If you’re looking for a fun and educational game for your little one, then the SPARK INNOVATIONS Animal Matching Cards are worth considering.
- The 48-card animal memory match game is the perfect way to teach your child memory and turn-taking skills while having fun!
- This educational kids match game set includes 5 different games that help improve social skills, working memory, turn-taking, and more.
- The animal card games are crafted to be easy for little hands to grasp, laminated for durability, and brightly colored for extra appeal and stimulation.
- The game is designed for 2-4 players, so it may not work well for solo play.
- The age range is listed as “kid,” so it may not be suitable for older children.
- The game is made of cardboard, so it may not hold up well to rough play.
We recently tried out the SPARK INNOVATIONS Animal Matching Cards with our toddler and were impressed with how engaging and educational the game was. The 48-card memory match game was a great way to teach our child about different animals and improve their memory and turn-taking skills. We also appreciated that the game included 5 different games, which helped keep our child engaged and interested.
The animal card games were easy for our child to grasp and the bright colors and cute animal pictures made the game even more appealing. We also liked that the cards were laminated for durability, which meant they could withstand some wear and tear.
While the game is designed for 2-4 players, we found that it was still enjoyable for our child to play alone. However, we could see how it would be even more fun with multiple players.
If you’re looking for an educational game that is both fun and engaging for your toddler, then you should definitely check out the Search and Find Cards for Kids by ABERLLS. This game is perfect for kids aged 3-6 years old and comes with 12 different page games, each filled with fun things for kids to find.
- The game is suitable for early educational cognitive development, improving fine motor skills.
- The activity pads come with easy-to-understand illustrations and 4 dry erase markers to build your child’s vocabulary with a fun learning method.
- The cards are waterproof and tear-resistant, making them reusable and safe for kids.
- There are no instructions included with the game.
- Some customers have reported that the game is too large to use in the car.
- The game may not be challenging enough for older kids.
We recently tried out this game with our 4-year-old and were impressed with how engaging and repeatable the activities were. The illustrations are clear and eye-catching, with larger and clearer fonts that make it interesting to improve our child’s memory and observational skills. We also appreciated that the game is erasable and reusable, allowing our child to redo the activities over and over again.
One thing to note is that there are no instructions included with the game, so you may need to spend some time figuring out how to play each of the different games. Additionally, some customers have reported that the game is too large to use in the car, so you may want to keep that in mind if you’re planning on using it for travel.
We highly recommend the Skillmatics Thick Flash Cards Combo for Toddlers as it is an excellent tool for learning while having fun.
- The flashcards feature realistic imagery that makes learning fun.
- The cards are made of thick and sturdy material, making them very durable for toddlers.
- The cards are perfectly sized for small hands, making them easy to hold.
- The cards may not be suitable for children who are not interested in animals and letters.
- The cards may not be as engaging for children who are used to digital learning.
- The cards may not be as effective for children who already know the basics of animals and letters.
We have used the Skillmatics Thick Flash Cards Combo for Toddlers and found them to be an excellent learning tool for toddlers. The flashcards feature realistic imagery, making learning fun and engaging. The cards are made of thick and sturdy material, making them very durable for toddlers. The cards are perfectly sized for small hands, making them easy to hold.
The flashcards are an excellent tool for play, homeschooling, in the preschool or montessori classroom, as they teach toddlers all about animals, letters of the alphabet, and 100 words. The cards come with six educational games and two activity guides featuring sorting games and activities to bring the learning to life.
The Skillmatics Thick Flash Cards Combo for Toddlers is plastic-free, recyclable, and 100% safe for kids and adults. They are an ideal gift to give curious toddlers who are eager to learn about the world around them. The cards teach recognizing and identifying animals, upper and lower case letters, phonics and letter sounds, vocabulary building, classifying, and sorting.
We highly recommend the KIZZYEA Educational Matching Letter Game for parents who want to help their toddlers learn while having fun.
- The game is a great educational toy for early childhood development and can help kids learn alphabet and numbers easily through playing this flash cards set.
- The game contains 28 double-sided flashcards and 52 wooden blocks, which provide fun learning resources for toddlers.
- The game is made of safety and environmental materials, such as sturdy wooden construction and water-based non-toxic paint, making it a perfect choice for parents who want a safe and durable toy for their children.
- The wooden blocks may be too small and pose a choking hazard for younger children.
- The letters on the blocks may rub off easily after frequent use.
- The game may not be challenging enough for older children.
The KIZZYEA Educational Matching Letter Game is a great way to help toddlers develop their cognitive and motor skills while having fun. The game contains 28 double-sided flashcards and 52 wooden blocks, which provide fun learning resources for toddlers. The flashcards contain 56 most commonly used Cvc sight words, which can help children develop memory and brain thinking by establishing connections. As toddlers stack letter bricks onto the card, they improve their fine motor skills, become familiar with the letters of the alphabet, and soon learn to spell basic words like F-U-N!
The game is made of safety and environmental materials, such as sturdy wooden construction and water-based non-toxic paint, making it a perfect choice for parents who want a safe and durable toy for their children. The game also comes with a cute storage bag, making it easy to store and carry. The compact packaging structure and light weight make it more convenient to hold. Place them in school bags and suitcases, suitable for many occasions, airplanes, cars, restaurants, etc. Provide a great opportunity to play, interact and communicate with your family.
We highly recommend the NASHRIO Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game Toy for parents who want to provide their toddlers with a fun and educational activity that helps develop important skills.
- The wooden fishing game is an interactive and exciting activity that can help your child develop cognitive skills, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and imagination.
- Made entirely of natural wood, the game is eco-friendly and non-toxic, and features smooth edges for more safety.
- The game includes a board and pole, and the fish are painted with numbers and letters, providing a great learning opportunity for toddlers ages 3 and up.
- The wooden board is thinner than some may expect, which may affect its durability.
- The fish are small, which may make it difficult for some children to catch them with the pole.
- Some parents may find the game to be too simple or repetitive after a while.
We recently tried out the NASHRIO Magnetic Wooden Fishing Game Toy with our toddler, and we were impressed with how engaging and fun it was for him. He loved catching the fish with the pole and learning about the different letters and numbers painted on them. We were also happy to see that the game was made entirely of natural wood and painted with eco-friendly and non-toxic dye, which made us feel more comfortable about letting our child play with it.
The game is easy to use and entertaining, and it can help your child develop important skills such as hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, color recognition, and letter recognition. We also appreciated the fact that the game includes a board and pole, so we didn’t have to purchase any additional accessories.
If you’re looking for a fun and interactive way to teach your toddler reading, spelling, and phonics skills, then the Gojmzo Wooden CVC Word Spelling Games set is definitely worth checking out.
- The set includes 117 pieces, including 50 double-sided phonics flashcards, 62 wooden lowercase letter blocks, 5 wooden spelling boards, and a sturdy storage box.
- The laminated flashcards are thick and durable, and the wooden letter tiles are sturdy and a decent size for toddlers.
- The colorful pictures and letters can catch your child’s attention and keep them engaged in learning.
- The set is recommended for ages 3-7, so it may not be suitable for older children who are already proficient in reading and spelling.
- Some of the letter tiles are quite small and could present a choking hazard for younger children.
- The set only includes lowercase letters, so if you’re looking to teach your child uppercase letters as well, you’ll need to purchase additional tiles.
We recently purchased this set for our 4-year-old daughter, and she absolutely loves it. The flashcards are colorful and engaging, and the wooden letter tiles are a great tactile learning tool. We’ve had a lot of fun playing various spelling and reading games with her using the set, and it’s been a great way to reinforce the phonics skills she’s learning in preschool.
One thing to note is that the flashcards are double-sided, with one side featuring the word and the other side featuring a picture of the word. This is great for reinforcing word recognition and spelling skills, but it does mean that younger children may need some help matching the correct side of the flashcard with the letter tiles.
If you’re looking for a fun and educational game for your toddler, we highly recommend the LiKee Alphabet Number Flash Cards Wooden Letter Puzzle. It’s a great way for your child to learn the alphabet and numbers while having fun at the same time.
- The illustrations on each of the 26 letter cards are fun and engaging, allowing kids to associate objects and words with each of the letters of the alphabet.
- The wooden blocks are easy for little hands to grasp, but large enough to prevent accidental swallowing.
- The storage box helps keep the playroom tidy and clean.
- Some of the letters on the alphabet page may be too light to see.
- The cards and blocks are made of wood, so they may be heavier than other flashcards.
- The set may not be as durable as other flashcard sets on the market.
The LiKee Alphabet Number Flash Cards Wooden Letter Puzzle is a great way to spark your child’s interest in learning. The fun illustrations on each of the 26 letter cards, along with the corresponding animals for sight counting, will keep your youngster engaged for hours. The wooden blocks are easy for little hands to grasp, promoting hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills. Plus, the storage box makes it easy to keep everything organized when not in use.
If you’re looking for a fun and educational game for your toddler, we highly recommend the HahaGift Matching Letter Game.
- Transform learning into play with this fun and engaging game
- Boost early word recognition with 30 cards featuring 60 different words
- Develop multiple skills, including cognitive, memory, strategic thinking, and eye-hand coordination
- Pieces can be easily lost
- Only includes 30 cards, which may not be enough for some children
- Some parents may find the tray to be too small
This game is perfect for children ages 3-5 who are learning letter recognition, object recognition, spelling, and word formation. It’s also great for family playtime, with variations for 2 or more players. Children can match letters, form words, or compete in spelling contests with siblings or parents, promoting interaction and bonding among family members.
The HahaGift Matching Letter Game makes an ideal gift for preschoolers, whether it’s for a birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just because. It’s also suitable for classroom teaching activities.
We highly recommend the BEESTECH Spelling Matching Letter Games for parents who want to help their toddlers learn new words and letters in a fun and interactive way.
- The wooden letters are made of strong wood and are carefully polished with no sharp corners.
- The 28 flashcards and 52 wooden letters (each letter contains 2 same blocks) are a great way for toddlers to learn new words and letters.
- The beautiful storage bag and gift box included make it easy to store and take out the wooden letters and cards.
- The letters can sometimes fall off the flashcards.
- The lowercase q does not have the little tail that it usually has.
- The game may not hold the attention of toddlers for very long.
We found the BEESTECH Spelling Matching Letter Games to be a great learning tool for toddlers. The wooden letters are sturdy and the flashcards are colorful and engaging. The game is easy to set up and the included storage bag makes it easy to pack away when not in use.
The game is also a great way for toddlers to learn new words and letters. We found that our toddler was able to learn new words quickly and was excited to play the game every day. The included gift box also makes it a great choice as a gift for 2, 3, 4-year-old boys, girls, and toddlers.
However, we did notice that the letters can sometimes fall off the flashcards, which can be frustrating for toddlers. Additionally, the lowercase q does not have the little tail that it usually has, which can be confusing for toddlers who are just learning their letters.
If you’re looking for a fun and educational game for your toddler, the LMC Products Scavenger Hunt Card Game is definitely worth checking out.
- The Scavenger Hunt Cards are a great way for toddlers to learn about their surroundings and explore the world around them.
- With 39 fun card designs, kids can learn objects, colors, shapes, letters, words, textures, and more as they embark on the hunt.
- The cards are made of high-quality materials, ensuring that they can withstand the tests of time and provide years of fun and bonding between children, siblings, and parents.
- The questions may be too easy for older kids.
- The game may be too short for some kids.
- Some parents may find that the game is too simplistic.
We recently tried out this game with our toddler and were impressed with how much fun she had. The Scavenger Hunt Cards are a great way for toddlers to learn about their surroundings and explore the world around them. With 39 fun card designs, our daughter was able to learn about objects, colors, shapes, letters, words, textures, and more as she embarked on the hunt.
The cards are made of high-quality materials, ensuring that they can withstand the tests of time and provide years of fun and bonding between children, siblings, and parents. The detachable ring allows you to switch up the order of the cards and keep the game exciting for a long time.
While the questions may be too easy for older kids, we found that they were perfect for our toddler. The game may be too short for some kids, but we found that it was just the right length for our daughter’s attention span. Some parents may find that the game is too simplistic, but we appreciated how easy it was to set up and play.
Buying Guide For Toddler Educational Games
When shopping for educational games, there are a few key features to consider to ensure you choose the best product for your little one. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
It’s important to choose games that are appropriate for your child’s age and developmental stage. Look for games that are designed for toddlers, typically ages 1-3, as they will be tailored to their abilities and interests.
Check the game’s description to see what skills it aims to develop, such as fine motor skills, gross motor skills, problem-solving, or language development in pretend play. Choose games that align with your child’s needs and interests and most importantly that these are fun games. It’s easier to get toddler to play games when they are great fun and the best learning games are the ones young kids want to play with.
Ease of Use
Toddlers have short attention spans, so it’s important to choose games that are easy to use and understand. Look for games with simple instructions and intuitive gameplay.
Toddlers can be rough on toys, so choose games that are made with durable materials that can withstand wear and tear. Look for games with sturdy construction and easy-to-clean surfaces.
Always prioritize safety when choosing games for your toddler. Look for games that are made with non-toxic materials and have no small parts that could pose a choking hazard.
We’ve not looked into interactive games for toddlers and free apps, instead focusing on games that encourage creative thinking and are offline rather than a free app. A comprehensive learning program for any toddler should include both.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some fun and educational games for toddlers?
There are many fun and educational games for toddlers that can help them learn and develop important skills. Some examples include shape sorting games, memory games, and matching games. Other options include puzzle games, coloring games, and interactive storybooks.
What are the best learning apps for 2 year olds?
When it comes to learning apps for 2 year olds, there are many great options available. Some popular choices include ABCmouse, Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn, and Endless Alphabet. These apps can help toddlers learn letters, numbers, shapes, colors, and more in a fun and interactive way.
What are some free toddler games apps?
If you’re looking for free toddler game apps, there are many options to choose from. Some popular choices include PBS Kids Games, Khan Academy Kids, and Toddler Learning Games. These apps offer a variety of fun and educational games that can help toddlers learn and develop important skills.
What are the best iPad apps for toddlers on an airplane?
When traveling with toddlers on an airplane, it can be helpful to have some engaging iPad apps on hand. Some great options include Toca Boca games, Sago Mini games, and Busy Shapes. These apps are designed to be fun and engaging for young children, and can help keep them entertained during long flights.
What are some good games to teach a 3 year old?
There are many great games that can help teach 3 year olds important skills. Some popular options include board games like Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders, as well as memory games and matching games. Other options include building blocks and puzzles, which can help develop fine motor skills and problem-solving abilities.
What activities can I do with my 2 year old to promote learning?
There are many activities you can do with your 2 year old to promote learning and development. Some ideas include reading books together, singing songs, and playing with blocks or other toys. You can also encourage your child to explore their environment and ask questions about the world around them. By engaging in these activities, you can help your child develop important skills and foster a love of learning.