Party Bag Fillers
There are so many things to think about when planning a kids party. The venue, the food, fun activities to keep the kids entertained and of course party bags.
While many parents view party bag fillers as unnecessary bags filled with rubbish toys that will clutter up their home for a few days before ending up in the bin there’s no denying that kids love them. Both giving them out to friends at the end of the party and receiving them before they go home.
Whether you love or loathe the idea, party bags fillers and party favours seem to be an essential part of most parties and can end up being a major part of the party budget. But what should you put in a party bag? And is it possible to make great party bags without breaking the bank?
Traditional party bag fillers
Traditionally party bags tend to contain a slice of cake or some other sweet treat (often both) and any number of cheap toys and trinkets.
Some of the most popular party favours include:
- Crayons and Colouring Books
- Little Plastic Toys
- Slime or play-dough
- Themed gifts
These are all cheap items meaning you can put together party bags for minimal cost. However, the trouble with many of these popular party bag fillers is that they get played with once on the way home and then end up in the bin.
Choosing a single small toy from our range of party bag fillers and combining with a slice of cake could be a great way to make your party bags both more eco-friendly and better appreciated by parents while still being fun for kids.
Eco-friendly party bag ideas
There are lots of alternatives to plastic toys that will still delight children at the end of a party.
- You could collect little jars and make a big batch of homemade play-dough.
- You could melt some delicious fair-trade chocolate down to make chocolate buttons.
- You could give out packets of seeds and a little plant pot that the kids can grow.
- You could set up a craft table making masks or wands as part of the party and let the kids take their creations home.
- Or you could give something at the beginning of the party for them to use and then take home.
Check out our page on Plastic Free Party Bag Ideas for some great alternatives to bags of sweets and plastic. And enjoy stress-free shopping for your next children’s party.